About the role…
At Policygenius, organic search has long been an essential channel for connecting with prospective customers and growing our brand. We have in-house editorial, SEO, and product teams dedicated to building our organic reach, and we’re looking for a seasoned leader to drive the next phase of our SEO growth.
The Head of SEO will partner with other Policygenius leaders to ensure our product, content, and engineering roadmaps align with our SEO strategy and audience growth goals. This is a unique opportunity to play a leadership role in driving a comprehensive and innovative SEO program for a large financial services marketplace. This role reports to the GM of Content.
Base salary for a successful applicant in this role is expected to be $160,000 - $240,000 per year. This role is also eligible for an annual performance bonus. In addition, employees at Policygenius can expect generous benefits and may be eligible for equity. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as location, experience and expertise.
In this role, you will...
- Develop, manage, and evolve our SEO strategy, roadmap, and vision to meaningfully grow our audience
- Develop and clearly articulate business cases for investment, tying outcomes to measurable KPIs including revenue and customer acquisition
- Own responsibility for developing SEO product and technical priorities, working with our dedicated content product team to prioritize the product roadmap and balance organic growth with excellent user experience
- Partner closely with editorial leadership to develop and refine SEO content strategy for both new and existing content
- Own SEO performance, dashboards, and data from other platforms, and use insights to inform future strategy and priorities
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a best-in-class team of SEO specialists, providing them with both an inspiring vision and clear performance goals
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have 8+ years of experience running SEO teams to drive revenue via SEO and content marketing; consumer-facing YMYL experience strongly preferred
- You have a proven track record of scaling an engaged organic SEO audience beyond 1MM+ monthly visitors
- You have deep experience across SEO disciplines, including on-page SEO, off-page SEO, technical SEO, and analytics; experience with local SEO is a plus
- You’re a thoughtful manager with a history of successfully building and leading high-performing teams; you’ve developed and inspired people while preparing them for future roles, setting performance expectations, and instilling a values-based team culture
- You have a competitive drive and a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we can continue to outperform the competition in SEO
- You’re collaborative, diplomatic, and humble, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you thrive working cross-functionally
- You’re heavily involved in the SEO community and stay up-to-date on the latest trends and thought leadership
- You’re fluent with major SEO tools and platforms; our current stack includes Semrush, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, Looker Studio, Screaming Frog, Lighthouse, Lumar/DeepCrawl, Majestic
You can expect…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, your team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is the online insurance marketplace combining cutting-edge technology with the expertise of real licensed agents to help people get the coverage they need to protect their family, property, and finances with confidence. Since 2014, we've served as a resource for millions of people on their insurance journeys, and we've placed more than $160 billion in coverage. Our $125 million Series E in early 2022 brought our fundraising total to over $250 million.
At Policygenius, we've worked hard to maintain an inclusive culture amid our rapid growth. We’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated, and we're committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status, or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!