About Ledger Investing
Ledger Investing is a Y Combinator backed insure-tech startup that is transforming the way insurance risks are financed. Today, Ledger is an online marketplace connecting insurance risk to capital, focusing on securitization. Insurance risk originators are able to source capital more efficiently vs. the traditional value-chain. Capital providers gain access to an asset class that is highly diversified vs. most asset classes. Insurance securitization has quickly grown to be a $100 billion market but is limited in scope due to opacity and complexity. Ledger is expanding this market to $1 trillion by building a seamless data pipeline from the policyholder to the capital markets, enabling transparency, and bringing best-in-class analytics and real-time insights to the table. Our recent $75 million Series B round of investment funding has set us up for exponential growth. We are on our way to disrupting the industry by serving as an unparalleled, advantageous marketplace for virtually all types of insurance risks and capital, including traditional reinsurers, institutional investors, and accredited investors.
What we do:
At Ledger Investing, the platform we are building includes a risk marketplace, an asset management arm (we run an investment fund with in excess of $170M in capital currently managed through our platform), and a broker dealer all built on our data pipeline Ledger Connect. Risk originators, like insurers and brokers, come to us to gain access to the capital markets but stay for Ledger Connect and the platform’s seamless integration and data services. Investors, like pension plans and other institutional investors, get access to an asset class that is completely uncorrelated with traditional financial asset classes.
About the position:
The Senior Reinsurance Accounting Associate position is a great opportunity for a smart, motivated and detail-oriented person with a Finance/Accounting background to gain exposure to all aspects of fund finance and operations in a tech-first environment. Unlike traditional finance roles (i.e. Excel-Reconciliation-Hell 😈), Ledger uses technology to solve operational data issues. The role will report directly into the CFO and will be a critical resource working with the Investment Team and the CIO. This is an opportunity for someone looking for their first role in finance without a traditional corporate hierarchy. We are a 100% remote team that is changing the way the market for insurance risk works. Come build with us!!!
- Prepare fund financial statements for all managed entities and third party capital
- Reconcile underlying accounting records and transactions
- Automate reporting to stakeholders
- Coordinate with external third-party operations teams
- Undergraduate degree in accounting with 3-5 years of prior experience
- Working toward the CPA certification or interested in the certification
- Attention to detail and an ability to organize work around tight deadlines
- Strong Excel skills, and a willingness to adopt new technologies
- Self-starter, with a thirst for learning and a desire to work in a fast paced start-up environment
The following attributes will help you standout from the crowd:
- Knowledge of or background in insurance financials
- Prior fund accounting or operations experience
- Coding skills or a working knowledge of python
- Competitive salary, bonus potential, and equity compensation
- Work from anywhere. We’re flexible. Our headquarters is in New York, but this position can be fully remote or hybrid.
- Uncapped paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance - multiple plans to choose from
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- ClassPass - We contribute to your monthly membership offering a large range of providers & services in Fitness and Wellness. Get a massage on us!
- Up to $5,000 paid by Ledger towards your dream desk setup! Customize what works for you.
For US based positions:
Ledger Investing is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.