About Ledger Investing
Ledger Investing is a Y Combinator backed insure-tech startup that is transforming the way insurance risks are financed. Today, Ledger is an online marketplace connecting insurance risk to capital, focusing on securitization. Insurance risk originators are able to source capital more efficiently vs. the traditional value-chain. Capital providers gain access to an asset class that is highly diversified vs. most asset classes. Insurance securitization has quickly grown to be a $100 billion market but is limited in scope due to opacity and complexity. Ledger is expanding this market to $1 trillion by building a seamless data pipeline from the policyholder to the capital markets, enabling transparency, and bringing best-in-class analytics and real-time insights to the table. Our recent $75 million Series B round of investment funding has set us up for exponential growth. We are on our way to disrupting the industry by serving as an unparalleled, advantageous marketplace for virtually all types of insurance risks and capital, including traditional reinsurers, institutional investors, and accredited investors.
What we do
Ledger's Broker Dealer operates at the intersection of finance, insurance, and technology; it is tasked with executing the go-to-market strategy for a new asset class: casualty insurance-linked securities. We are looking to add a driven, young professional interested in growing their career in financial engineering to develop and structure the offering of Ledger’s casualty ILS. This candidate will join the team that is responsible for all aspects of growing and structuring the global investor base for our new asset class. The role will be an active participant on all Ledger securities offerings, rating agency processes, and financial modeling exercises and will report directly to the Head of Capital Markets.
You will be working on:
- Executing on the entire suite of a securities offering process
- Building / reviewing transaction deal models that include securities tranching and financial optimization
- Developing materials and communicating with rating agencies as a part of the securities rating process
- Responding to complex investor requests and due diligence questionnaires
- Reviewing and developing transaction legal documents
- Developing a platform to allow investors unprecedented insights into their investments
If these problems sound fun and interesting, we'd love to have you on our team. We offer competitive compensation, including company stock options. Our headquarters are in New York, but this position can be full-time remote as we are a natively all remote company.
Successful candidates will have all of the following attributes:
- 5+ years experience in fixed income structuring, financial optimization, and simulation technologies
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages Python or Matlab
- Detail-oriented in both quantitative and qualitative work products
- Ability to manage important projects independently and collaborate as part of a larger team
The following attributes will help candidates stand out from the crowd:
- Working knowledge of insurance and more specifically ILS or property & casualty insurance
- Familiarity with rating agency processes for credit products or other asset backed securities
- SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 Licenses
- Competitive salary, bonus potential, and equity compensation
- Our company is remote first with a headquarters location in New York; this position can be full time in either the United States, U.K., or Bermuda
- Uncapped paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance - multiple plans to choose from
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- ClassPass - We contribute to your monthly membership offering a large range of providers & services in Fitness and Wellness. Get a massage on us!
- Up to $5,000 paid by Ledger towards your dream desk setup! Customize what works for you!
For US based positions:
Ledger Investing is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.