If you want to work on cutting edge technology with friendly, intelligent people in a highly collaborative environment, then Gradient AI is the right place for you. We are looking for an engineering manager to lead a team of software and data engineers who are building AI/ML models for the insurance industry.
Gradient AI is a fast-growing startup, bringing state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) solutions to the trillion-dollar insurance industry. Founded in 2018, we have recently raised $20M from top Insurtech investors to continue fueling our growth. Our software-as-a-service platform provides bias-free, data-driven insights, enabling insurance companies to profitably run their business and expand their offerings to underserved people and markets.
How will you make an impact
- Grow, build, and lead a world-class engineering team
- Participate in high-level design decisions and execute them
- Work closely with data engineering, software engineering, and data science team members to create integrated automated processes that support a robust ML Ops workflow
- Be a technical interface for our client implementation team and partners to implement clients
Skills needed to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience with software/data engineering development & architecture in a commercial setting
- 2+ years managing developers, helping grow their careers and improve their skills, ideally in a hybrid / remote setting
- Strong understanding of data engineering and software engineering processes and proven track record of cross team / cross department collaboration
- Understanding of cloud technologies like AWS and architectures
- Familiar with databases and application development (Python, Java)
- Experience working with clients to integrate systems and acting as a scrum master is a plus
- Experience working in Insurtech or on AI/ML products is a plus
What We Offer:
- A fun, team-oriented startup culture.
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building.
- Unlimited vacation days and 11 paid holidays
- Flexible schedule that supports working from home
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities
We are an equal opportunity employer.