As a Sr. Solutions Engineer, you will help drive the technical discussion and unlock the various integration potentials with our prospective customers to make sure there's nothing stopping them from getting the most out of Affinity.
This function is an integral part of the Sales team and will report to the Sr. Director of Solutions Engineering. You will work in both Pre and Post-Sale stage environments to ensure technical fit.
This role is the conduit between the sales and customer success process and is key to driving the process in terms of technical scope, security, adoption, and usage. Doing this well improves retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback. You will be known as the technical, go-to guru for all things Affinity.
What will I be doing?
- Technical Pre-Sales Engineering: providing technical advice and support to sales opportunities and engaging with technical contacts, developers, and key stakeholders in customer organizations, to ensure that Affinity is positioned correctly, understood and any technical objections are overcome. This will include product demonstrations, presentations to senior customer contacts, and writing formal RFP response documents as well as the preparation of high-level integration implementation plans. The role will involve close working with sales colleagues and input into the qualification and sales strategies in partnership with sales
- Proof-Of-Concept Design: In conjunction with our Professional Services team, designing and supporting more complex solutions as well as overseeing the implementation and success of pre-sales proofs-of-concept. Some experience in project management and working with technology partners is recommended
- Integration Engineering: hundreds of customers use Affinity along with a multitude of technologies as part of their ever-growing tech stack. This role will involve building custom API integrations using various IPaaS systems (Tray.io) and applications.
- Information Security & Data Privacy: complete RFI’s/RFP’s within the sales process. Be the voice of security for our customer base. This role requires speaking with C-level executives regarding our system architecture, security practices and policies as well as data privacy.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are likely to only apply for jobs if they meet every qualification. At Affinity, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 or more years of industry experience in technical support, professional services, engineering or systems engineering.
- You are an API Ninja with the ability to pickup API documentation, understand, implement and build integrations using third party APIs
- Solid understanding of Salesforce with hands on experience
- You can demonstrably tackle problems with an engineering mindset while being able to articulate solutions to all types of people
- You’re an excellent communicator and have well defined time-management skills to be able to handle multiple working projects at once
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and appreciate the idea of being able to use your skills to help several departments across the company
Bonus points for:
- Experience creating SOWs
- Experience with RFI & RFP process
- Experience with Single-Sign On IDP technologies
- A background in Security & data privacy
- SFDC Admin Certification
What you’ll enjoy at Affinity
- We live our values as playmakers who are obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- We pay your medical, dental, and vision insurance with comprehensive PPO and HMO plans. And provide flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We offer a 401k plan to help you plan for retirement.
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we’re #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee’s overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
Please note that the role compensation details below reflect the base salary only and do not include any variable pay, equity, or benefits. This represents the salary range that Affinity believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting, that it will pay for the posted job.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $110,000 - $187,000 USD Base. In addition, this position is also eligible to receive commission based on departmental KPIs. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms, with over 2000 customers worldwide on our platform. We are proud to have a 4.5 Star Glassdoor rating and recently ranked; Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022 and Great Places to Work 2022. Passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals; our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month.