With our growing customer base and our expansion into new markets and use cases, we have more to build than ever at Affinity as we execute on our vision to put relationship intelligence at every professional's fingertips.
Reporting to one of the Directors of Engineering, you will be the technical leader that pushes our product and platform in new directions while also shaping the next iterations of the features our customers already love. You'll help to drive the technical roadmap and implementation for the future of our API and services layers, and the foundational pieces of our product like authentication, async processing, data access and security. From high-performing service objects to backend algorithms, async workers, to event-driven messaging systems, you'll hone your skills across multiple domains while helping to drive forward the Affinity product and vision.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and own product areas that are essential to the success of our customers and our business.
- Through cross-team collaboration, help to define the technical roadmap for the API and services layers of the Affinity platform, and for foundational pieces of our product like authentication, async processing, data access and security.
- Drive complex technical, architecture, design, and product discussions.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to engineers on the team.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Affinity, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- You have 10+ years of experience working in backend software engineering.
- You have experience working with complex SaaS platforms that operate at high scale, and are built around APIs, asynchronous services, and a variety of data stores.
- You have experience working within the authentication and access control sub-systems of SaaS platforms
- You have experience as the technical lead for complex, multi-team, multi-quarter projects
- You have experience mentoring and coaching other engineers
- You take pride in delivering an exceptionally high-quality product in terms of the functionality you provide to consumers, as well as the platform’s overall performance and reliability.
- You're excited to work collaboratively within engineering and across functional teams.
- You’re eager to contribute your ideas and experiences to help Affinity continuously improve as a product and company.
Our platform is built with React and TypeScript on the front end, and with Ruby and PostgreSQL on the back end. Our infrastructure is hosted by AWS and runs on Kubernetes. To learn more about our tech, check out our Building Affinity blog.
What you'll enjoy at Affinity
- We live our values as playmakers who are obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- We pay your medical, dental, and vision insurance with comprehensive PPO and HMO plans. And provide flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We offer a 401k plan to help you plan for retirement.
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we’re #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee’s overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
Please note that the role compensation details below reflect the base salary only and do not include any variable pay, equity, or benefits. This represents the salary range that Affinity believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting, that it will pay for the posted job.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $165,000 - $278,000 USD. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms, with over 2000 customers worldwide on our platform. We are proud to have a 4.5 Star Glassdoor rating and recently ranked; Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022 and Great Places to Work 2022. Passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals; our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month.